News & Events
Tax season is right around the corner and our friends at Canada’s Building Trades Unions are hosting a free webinar on : Claiming The Labour Mobility Tax Deduction. Click the link below to register and find out how to claim this benefit.
Sisters and Brothers,
We hope you had an enjoyable Holiday Season and are looking forward to 2023.
The latest edition of our Pipeline Newsletter is now available on our website and can be viewed by clicking the link below.
A reminder that nominations of committee members will take place at our upcoming General Meeting on January 21, 2023. Additional information can be found in the pipeline newsletter.
Local 488 Management and Staff
To view the official results of our recent Officer’s Election, click on the link below.
We have some more good news from the Local. For those working under the GMPC/NMC Agreement, we are excited to announce that effective January 1, 2023, double time (DT) and hours earned have returned in the 2023/2024 agreement.
- DT will now begin at after ten (10) hours on all regular workdays
- DT for all hours worked on Saturdays
- DT for all hours worked on Sundays (for both Long-Term and Short-Term Maintenance workers)
- DT for all hours on all Statutory Holidays
- We have eliminated the $0.75 difference for LTM in the Fort McMurray area
This announcement is well deserved and will surely help our members to live a better quality of life.
Please see below and click on the link to read the full announcement from the GPMC.
Local Union 488